cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5 vs 6 (and 7)?

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I read another post that UCCX is a special release for older versions of Call Manager, but can't find a Cisco doc that explains it.

We'll be running UCCM6, so I want to confirm that we want UCCX5 (not 6)?

Also has Cisco made any comments about the future release of 7? I heard it's in beta? And it might support VMware?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are correct UCCX 6.0 is only for CM 4.3, and belive it or not has less features than 5.0 which is compatible with Appliance based CM such as 5.X and 6.X. UCCX 7.0 is Early Field Trials and should be available with the release of CM 7.0 somtime early Fall. It will not support VMWare at this time, I have not even heard rumors that that will ever be the case, and at some point maybe 8.0/9.0 it will be converted to appliance. The only voice application that is supported on VMWare is UCCE PGs in either 7.5 or 8.0.

HTH, please rate helpful posts!

Chris

Thanks Chris!

So just to clarify, UCCX5 is not appliance based? My quote from my reseller has it running on MCS-7825 hardware. I see from the Data Sheet that it requires W2K3, but I don't see that my reseller is quoting us a W2K3 license.

No it is not. It requires Windows 2003 Cisco version (i.e. 2003.1.2a which ships with all new UCCX 5.0 media.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Does Windows 2003 Cisco version require a license from Microsoft, or is it bundled with the UCCX purchase?

It's bundled.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: