Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error upgrading the firmware from 3.0 to ny version on WLC

Hi All,

Please help me on this issue:-

I am currently running 3.0 version on my WLC 4402 and i want to upgrade it to the latest versions. I am following the correct procedure mentioned in the cisco link but its failing.

The error is TFTP Path is getting as:c:\temp\/ error and the firmware is not getting uploaded,

Plz see the snap shot and let me know what am i doing wrong.

6 Replies 6

krishanmistry
Level 1
Level 1

change your file path, by deleting c:\temp\/ and just use /.

TFTP Path = /

Hope this helps.

Hi Krishan,

TFTP Path=/ :- It takes automatically.

I have tried both ways as mentioned below

Example:-

(Controller) # Transfer download path c:\temp\

and

2)

(Controller) # Transfer download path c:\temp

But the result is same nothing happens. Kinbdly let me know why is this happening.

Thanks in advance.

I would not use c:\temp just make sure that you point your tftp server to the folder where the file is:

(Controller) # Transfer download path /

also make sure that your tftp server supports files of a 30Meg, tftpd32 is a good tftp server.

Hi Kris,

Still i am facing the same problem.Now i have downloaded the tftpd32 and I tried connecting via the Service Port interface which has a different IP address. I conneced to the controller via the console cable to issue the commands but it still will not transfer. I can ping the tftp server from the Controller. I used the paths specified , ie , "." and "./" but stil the result is same.

Kindly let me know if there is any thing missing?

Thanks in advance.

Usman

Thanks Kris,

I will check this and update you with the results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: