cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CME Adding Didgits to the end of dialed numbers

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, i have a CCME setup running version 7.0, inbound and outbound calls are working as expected except that call setup for outbound calls can take anywhere from 5 - 15 seconds, ive spoken with a couple of people in regards to this issue as such one person mentioned adding "#" at the end of the number which set's up the call immediately.

Is there a way i can re-configure the existing outbound translation profile to add "#" at the end of every number sent to the SIP provider.

I do realise that the Interdigit timeout value can be decreased which is currently set for 6 seconds but the telephony users report that when the timeout is set for 2 - 3 seconds it is not enough time to dial a number...oh i despair!

Current config.

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^999$/ /999/

rule 2 /^9\(.*\)$/ /\1/

!

voice translation-profile SIPOutbound

translate called 2

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

description **Outbound call to SIP**

translation-profile outgoing SIPOutbound

preference 1

destination-pattern 9T

voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte

session protocol sipv2

session target sip-server

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad

3 Replies 3

Maybe you should be more specific with your dial peers. Create some for the 7-digit dialing (destination-pattern 9[2-9]......) one for long distance (destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......

prefix 1)

and so on.

Your 9T pattern matches everything and relies on the interdigit timeout to call out.

Dragi

Cheers for that ill adjust accordingly.

Regards

Yep thats done the trick, thank you for your time.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: