Views
Helpful
Replies

A question about Unity subscribers!

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a question about Unity subscribers: when importing a user from AD/EX, which parameters of the user are modified in the AD/EX?

Thanks,

hoanghiep

11 Replies 11

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following Unity attributes are added to the subscriber:

ciscoEcsbuDtmfld

ciscoEcsbuListInUMDirectory

ciscoEcsbuObjectType

ciscoEcsbuTransferId

ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId

Thanks,

But where can I find the attributes? Could I modified or delete them?

Deleting the user as a Unity subscriber normally clears these attributes. You can use the Unity SA or the Global Subscriber Manager utility, located in the Unity Tools Depot, to delete the Unity subscriber. You can also use the ADSI Edit utility to view and clear these attributes.

hello...I've deleted some mailboxes from disabled user accounts (employees who have left) but I did not delete them from Unity.

Now I get periodic error:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSAD

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 1050

Date: 9/23/2008

Time: 4:57:21 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY1

Description:

The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) detected a subscriber object with an empty AD mailNickName attribute in Active Directory.

Display Name: lname, fname

DirectoryId: D2E6682BAEFD3549BB5AA5AA0EF595FB

DTMF Access Id: 1608

A possible cause could be that the Exchange mailbox for this user has been deleted. This subscriber will not function properly. Either re-create the mailbox in Exchange or remove the subscriber from Unity. If the Exchange mail box has not been deleted, verify the mailNickName of the subscriber is present and correct in Active Directory.

So when I go to look them up in Unity SA website to delete them, I cannot find them.

Where can I actually delete them from Unity?

Thanks in advance.

you'll need to go to the unityDB to the subscriber table to manually delete them, you always need to delete subscribers before deleting the AD accounts

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I didn't actually delete the Active Directory account...just the Mailbox.

Or to Unity it is the same thing?

Thanks

Was this user in AD ever a member of another Unity server other than the one you're trying to find them on? You may want to clean the user with the Remove Subscriber Properties Tool if you haven't already:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K14966648

Hope this helps,

Brad

nope...single Unity server and single Exchange partner server

Did you try running the subscriber clean tool on that particular user and then see if they're available for import into Unity? If that doesn't work, like the previous person said, you'll need to manually remove the user's row from the UnityDb in the Subscriber table

Hope this helps,

Brad

Ok, on one user I re-enabled the account and recreated the mailbox.

Looked him up in Unity SA [when there was no mailbox, he didn't show up in Unity].

Once I found him in Unity, I deleted the subscriber.

Will try this on the others.

no, then you're talking about Exchange which is another part of the system.

If the user is not an internet subscriber then it needs to have a mailbox

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: