Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM RTMT email Alert MGCP DChannel is out-of-service lacks detail

noeparenteau
Level 1
Level 1

When we drop a D channel on a T1/PRI, we get an alert email:

T1 Down At 08:42:45 on 08/04/2008 on cluster StandAloneCluster.

MGCP DChannel is out-of-service .

There are currently 1 device(s) with D-Channel-Out-Of-Service status.

BUT, it lacks the details as to WHICH T1/PRI is down.

Is there a way to get the information that is posted in the ALERT DETAIL:

At 08:42:45 on 08/04/2008 on cluster StandAloneCluster. MGCP DChannel is out-of-service . The following gateway device(s) have D-Channel-Out-Of-Service status: S0/DS1-0@sda001906280304

to be in the email text?

9 Replies 9

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A feature request (CSCsd46320) has been submitted to include more information in the email alert. I'm not sure when this feature will be added.

Would I be out-of-line if I asked why there is no opposing message/alert that indicates when the T1/PRI is back UP?

Currently, there is no alert for MgcpDChannelInService which is why there is no alert generated once the d-channel comes back in service.

Thanks for the info.

Is there anyway I can "hobble" an alert together for this condition.

I have looked thru the RTMT and there are lot of "performance" alerts you can set yourself, but I do not see anything that represents this condition, unless some really smart person who works for Cisco (or just a really smart person) knows how to do this...:-)

Or I'll take advice from anyone who wants to work with me on this... I'll share any info/knowledge/tips either online or via email.

Signed,

Mr. No-MgcpDChannelInService Guy

I think I am going to go with DOWN logic here.

I setup several RTMT Alerts, one for each CCM Subscriber that has a set of PRIs coming into them.

Each Alert is set to "fire" if the number of PRIs drops below the norm. It will fire (and send an email) every minute (I may have to up that time interval) that the number of PRIs is below the norm.

This way I can have some emails that will tell me when the PRI count was below the norm and it will stop sending emails when the count returns to the norm.

Also, I have setup an Alert for each PRI that will fire when it's value is below 1 (one). This will tell me when each PRI is out-of-service. It will also continue sending emails until back to norm (one).

I found all of this in the Performance tab.

I would be happy to share all of this in greater detail, via email or whatever works better. I'll take the time to post a full set of details as my time permits.

Stil Mr. No-MgcpDChannelInService Guy

Here are my "one note/word doc." instructions, in screen print format - hope this works.

There is an ALARM in the CCM Serviceability section, but it is set to ROUTING LIST = NONE. Is there anyway for me to change the ALARM DETAILS/Definition, so as to force a ROUTE LIST?

Alarm Details

Catalog CallManager

Name DChannelISV

Description D channel in service.

Severity INFORMATIONAL_ALARM

Explanation Indicated D Channel has gone in service.

Recommended Action No action is required.

Routing List None

Parameter(s) Channel Id.(UInt)

Unique channel Id(String)

Device Name.(String)

Device IP address(String)

Wes Sisk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCsd46320. Please contact your cisco account team to prioritize this enhancement request.

Thanks for the tip. I emailed my cisco rep and asked that this "enhancement request" be upgraded in priority.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: