cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call pickup group

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. Im looking at implementing a call pickup group. Im wondering what is the usual implementation here. It seems like when you dial the pickup number, I should think that you should be able to dial the extension of the phone that is ringing. Instead, it seems to just answer where a call is coming in at. Can someone shed some light on this? Or what is the usual best practice? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are 3 types of Pickup:

PickUp - basically if 2 DNs are in the same pickUp group, by pressing PickUp softkey button on one phone will pick up a call ringing on the other phone

Group pickUp - the 2 DNs are in seperate groups, phone A is ringing, user at phone B presse GrpPick button and is presented with dialtone, where he enters the phone A's pickup group number to answer the call

Other PickUp - 2 pickup groups A and B are also referecning each other, call arrives at phone A, user at phone B presses OpickUp button and is presented with the call.

Take a look at recent thread:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc1606f/0#selected_message

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for responding. I just think I should be able to give the number I want to pickup. I did a test and had two seperate calls coming in at one time. When I did the pickup, it picked up the first one that got through. Id rather have the choice of which one I wanted to pickup, instead of the first one. Any thoughts from you guys on that?

I understand your concern, take a look at the thread I referenced, I recently did a project where customer wanted the exact solution. It's not pretty, but it works :-)

Chris

just to add a side note CUCM 7 will have this enhancement, you will be able to pick up calls ringing in a specific extension

so there won't be the need to create a pickup group per phone

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Indeed, Directed call pickup feature will do that.

Chris