cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call pickup group

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. Im looking at implementing a call pickup group. Im wondering what is the usual implementation here. It seems like when you dial the pickup number, I should think that you should be able to dial the extension of the phone that is ringing. Instead, it seems to just answer where a call is coming in at. Can someone shed some light on this? Or what is the usual best practice? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are 3 types of Pickup:

PickUp - basically if 2 DNs are in the same pickUp group, by pressing PickUp softkey button on one phone will pick up a call ringing on the other phone

Group pickUp - the 2 DNs are in seperate groups, phone A is ringing, user at phone B presse GrpPick button and is presented with dialtone, where he enters the phone A's pickup group number to answer the call

Other PickUp - 2 pickup groups A and B are also referecning each other, call arrives at phone A, user at phone B presses OpickUp button and is presented with the call.

Take a look at recent thread:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc1606f/0#selected_message

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for responding. I just think I should be able to give the number I want to pickup. I did a test and had two seperate calls coming in at one time. When I did the pickup, it picked up the first one that got through. Id rather have the choice of which one I wanted to pickup, instead of the first one. Any thoughts from you guys on that?

I understand your concern, take a look at the thread I referenced, I recently did a project where customer wanted the exact solution. It's not pretty, but it works :-)

Chris

just to add a side note CUCM 7 will have this enhancement, you will be able to pick up calls ringing in a specific extension

so there won't be the need to create a pickup group per phone

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Indeed, Directed call pickup feature will do that.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: