Views
Helpful
Replies

Roaming between Autonomous and LW AP cause one way voice on 7920

c_baaklini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have WLC4400 4.1.185.0 managing AIR-LAP1131G APs and other automomous APs Aironet 1100.

The problem is when wireless IP phone 7920 moves from 1131 AP to aironet 1100, voice become one way

between this phone and other wireless phones connected to 1131 APs (WLC). It seams that the WLC is not disassociating

clients before the "User Idle Timeout" and its minimum value is 90 sec.

Please advice how can i force direct disassociation from WLC when wireless IP phone is connected to autonomous AP.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The problem here is that you can't have any fast roaming since you have autonomous and LAP's. The thing is... the phone is associated to a LAP and the mac is known on the trunk port of the wlc, then the phone roams to the autonomous AP and the LAP and IOS AP don't communicate so there is no smooth hand off. Phone has to re-associate or re-authenticate and the mac shows up on both ports until the arp times out. For VoIP, a mixed environment is not supported.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello fella5,

I have diagnosed the problem and found if I force disassociation on wlc the problem will be solved. I have read about IAPP and I'm thinking if wlc can receive "IAPP disassociate" packet from autonomous APs the problem will be solved. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card