Views
Helpful
Replies

Tomcat log file full

mkareemashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

After using the evaluation version, We have purchased cisco works LMS 3.0 and HUM .

There are two partitions in server 15 GB and 150 GB.

We have installed ciscoworks in 15GB partition primary partition. After installation and restoration of old backup from evaluation version

We face some issues

• Server went down because of stdout.log file stored In \mdc\tomcat\log directory (the log file was nearly 5 gb) and four services was down

Why this log file is generating more logs

I want to change the path for all log files. Since ciscoworks is installed in c: drive.

What are the files which required more space .so that I can move this files to other location.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks,

With regards,

ashraf

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the contents of stdout.log? Typically, if this file is growing a lot, it points to debugging being enabled.

If you have installed LMS onto the wrong drive, the best recourse is to uninstall it, and reinstall it on the desired drive. You cannot simply move files.

That said, there are few things which can be relocated to alternate drives. These are the config archive and the software image repository. Both have the potential of being rather large, but they are not the only two heavy hitters. This is why a reinstall might be best.

To move the config archive, go to RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Archive Settings. Follow the online help on how to create the new archive directory on the alternate drive.

To move the software image repository, go to RME > Admin > Software Mgmt > View/Edit Preferences. Again, consult the online help for details.