Views
Helpful
Replies

Access PC behind 877 DSL router?

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this Cisco 837 DSl router at work which provides 'guest' access to users in one of our offices. I was wondering how I can give myself remote desktop access to a pc on the guest network over the internet assuming my publc IP is 1.2.3.4.

And another thing the guest network is completely open for outbound internet traffic, we don't block a thing.

I tried adding:

"IP NAT inside source static tcp 10.0.0.70 3389 interface dialer 1 3389"

"Access-list 101 permit tcp host 1.2.3.4 any eq 3389 log"

"Interface dialer 1

ip access-group 101 in"

After adding this nothing worked :) users on this guest network could no longer access the Internet.

Hope you can help

3 Replies 3

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

hi!

the ip access list that you have applied to dialer 1 interface in the above config (access list 101) has an implicit deny at the end. This prevents any other traffic to pass through the interface.

that access-list that you intend to use for not should NOT be applied to the interface. due to this config, internet was not accessable to any guest PCs.

As for the solution, can you try the following thing: (I am not sure if this will work as i have not configured it ever. but you can give it a try)

with the same access-list 101 as above, and pool INSIDE_PC containing 10.0.0.70,

6506-32-PE3(config)#ip nat inside destination list 101 pool INSIDE_PC

Regards,

Niranjan

(pls rate if helpful)

Hi Again!

Found a link on TCP load distribution which uses the method mentioned above and i guesss the same can be used to achieve your aim :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/11_3/dial/configuration/guide/dcnat.html#wp3881

Regards,

Niranjan

(pls rate helpful posts)

Hi, got it working by simply allowing DNS inbound:

Access-list 101 permit udp host eq domain any

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: