Views
Helpful
Replies

UNIFIED-CM-6.1

arani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

the question is about ordering UNIFIED-CM-6.1. The "Ordering Dynamic Configuration Tool" lets me to order a MCS7835H2-K9-CMB2 with LIC-CM6.1-7816=.

At the end the tool confirm me that I have successfully completed the configuration.

But I have some doubts about. How I can use a license for MCS7816 on an MCS7835?

Regards.

5 Replies 5

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

What server have you actually got?

It all depends on whether you have a SASU support on your contract which allows you to order the upgrade software. If you do then it should allow you to order new licenses and software ok.

Please rate useful posts....

Hi

the question is about making a kit list for a costumer.

I have no servers at this time, I have to decide what to buy

Regards

Ok, this depends on a variety of factors:

1) What's the budget?

2) How many endpoints are going to be registered?

3) Do you require full or partial redundancy?

4) Centralised or distributed architecture?

5) SRST or CME failover?

7835 is fine for starters...

Hi

probably i was not clear in my precedent questions.

The question is not about budget or other factors. I'd like to use a more performant, redundant and and reliable server (7835) than an entry level server like 7816, but need to support only 300 users.

So the question is; can i use a license for 7816 (500 users) in a 7835 hardware?

No you won't, for a start the servers will have different MAC addresses.

Like I said though, if you've got SASU support on your contract you can get the new licenses no problem as you will be eligible for upgrades. It's just a case of transferring over the licensing to the new server etc.

It sounds like the problem you are having is that you can get the software but don't have the licenses (or the one's you have won't work on the 7835)?

Probably worth you speaking to TAC or your Cisco rep who can get the new licenses for you (I don't think you should have to purchase new one's to get a PAK code if you've got SASU)...

Please rate useful posts....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: