Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Corrupt

sdawson35
Level 1
Level 1

Another cry for HELP !

The server that hosts our LMS2.6 application crashed overnight after some Microsoft Updates were applied and now LMS2.6 is totally unusable !!.

When I launch the application it is okay , but going into Campus Manager/Topolgy Services it simply pops up a red hexagon with an "Error" .

I think that the database is completely corrupt , how do I reset it and start again ?

Regards

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your path is wrong. It should be:

D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\databases\ani\ani.db

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of pdshow as well as the recursive directory listing of NMSROOT\databases. Your database may not be corrupt. It may just be the transaction log.

Hi,

pdshow output attached

I also need the recursive directory listing to be able to tell if this is DB corruption or transaction log corruption:

dir /s NMSROOT\databases

Hi ,

sorry about that !!, here it is

Scott

In each of the databases subdirectories, you will find a .log file (e.g. rmeng\rmeng.log). Delete each of these files. Then, for each database, run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f DBFILE

For example:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\rmeng\rmeng.db

Once you have done that for each database, restart Daemon Manager. You should be up and running again.

Hi again :-),

This does not work :-(, I get a message about the file not being able to opened

"Could not open/read file:\cscopxdatabases\ani\ani.db (I have tried all differant directory structure options)

Your path is wrong. It should be:

D:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\databases\ani\ani.db

Sir !, You are a star :-)

All is now working as it should , I am a very happy chappy, thankyou very much.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco