cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0.1 UM Exchnage 2003 UnityDirSvc Permissions issue

luke.maxwell
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed Unity 5.0.1 into a client which have many child domains. We are importing users only from 3 of the child domains. The permissions wizard completes fine and says that all permissions have been set. I have been able to migrate all the users from their old Unity server 4.0.5 to the new Unity 5 server but I am not able to change the COS or any subscriber settings for the subscribers from one of the child domains. We get an error hr=0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED): Failed to commit changes.

I am sure that the DirSvc account we created has not been given the correct permissions for this child domain but would like to know if and how to set these?

Thanks

Luke

1 Reply 1

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The link below lists the permissions set for the Directory services account and the Active Directory containers these rights are assigned to:

http://ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/PW501/PWHelpPermissionsSet_ENU.htm#ExchangeDirService

You use the Active Directory Users and Computers Microsoft Management Console to view and check the rights on the containers in the child domains by right-clicking, selecting properties, and selecting the Security tab. Find the Directory services account, highlight it, and then click the "Advanced" tab. Ensure the permissions are set. Also, ensure these is a check in the box which precedes "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: