Views
Helpful
Replies

Set lifetime 0 for Guest account with Lobby Ambassador account

marcel.schaaper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the following issue. I have installed AP's with a WLC version 4.2. The customer uses the lobby ambassador account to create guest accounts. When they create a guest with lifetime 0, this user dissapears from their list of guest users, but customer wants to see this user also, and want to delete it if neccessary.

A way around is then to set the lifetime as much as possible, but 30 days max is not long enough. Is there another way to solve this issue?

2 Replies 2

krengasw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi marcel,

It is a known bug on wlc 4.2 version.There is no workaround to solve this issue from controller (4.2 version) since lobby using wlc to create guest account has max limit of 30 days only.

you can expect fix to be available in coming releases of wlc.

if you are using wcs -lobby to create guest user then wcs has max limit of 35 weeks.

i hope this will answer your query.

Thanks,

Kannan

Hi,

I had similar issues and went to WCS for lobby administration, but I'm getting quite some errors when saving a new user. Not persistent, it goes well sometimes but fails quite often.

Error messages are either:

- that webauth is not ebaled (while it is)

- that the profile does not exists (whil it actually exists)

- unexpect error (nothing in the log either, allthough it says to check the loggings)

I'm running 4.2.61.0 on my controllers, and WCS 4.2.62.0

The way we have the lobby administrator create guest users is by selecting the guestwifi profile, and apply to a config group. The config groups are bound to a particular mobility group.

Oh, and when I succesfully create a guest user via WCS for over 30 days, it still displays as 30 days in the controllers. Any idea on how WCS actually controls/manages this?

Also, I get the impression I'm hitting a bug here, but wondering if anybody had similar issues.

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card