ACS appliance multiple interface usage

Answered Question
Aug 5th, 2008
User Badges:

Is it possible for me to use the two interfaces that are available on the 1113 box? I want to connect both of these interfaces to two seperate network segments. I did not find any thing specific in the Cosole except the set ip that would only config one interface.

thanks

Correct Answer by dhananjoy chowdhury about 8 years 10 months ago

You can use only one.

Your Cisco 1113 system has two integrated 10/100/1000-megabit-per-second (Mbps) Ethernet connectors. ACS SE supports the operation of either Ethernet connector, but not both connectors.

For more check here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.1/installation/guide/solution_engine/ovrvuap.html#wp1054065

Overall Rating: 4.7 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
dhananjoy chowdhury Tue, 08/05/2008 - 03:43
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You can use only one.

Your Cisco 1113 system has two integrated 10/100/1000-megabit-per-second (Mbps) Ethernet connectors. ACS SE supports the operation of either Ethernet connector, but not both connectors.

For more check here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.1/installation/guide/solution_engine/ovrvuap.html#wp1054065

sarmohan Tue, 08/05/2008 - 03:59
User Badges:

The Cisco Secure ACS Appliance supports the operation of only one Ethernet connector at a time. Concurrent operation of both Ethernet connectors is not supported.

Thanks,

Saravanan

dehghan Tue, 08/05/2008 - 04:07
User Badges:

Is there any plan for the support of the second interface in later releases? This second interface might become very usefull sometimes.

thanks

Jagdeep Gambhir Tue, 08/05/2008 - 09:47
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

No. as of now there is no plan to make BOTH NIC operational at a same time.

Regards,

~JG

Actions

This Discussion