cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

USB to Seral supporting Control-Break

r.nockowitz
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a USB-Serial adaptor that supoorts Cisco's Break Sequence (Control-Break)?

Please specify whether it works for PC and/or Mac..

Thanks..

Rob Nockowitz

CCIE #15410

5 Replies 5

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Rob,

Here is a link to the one that I use, and works great, and the break sequence works for Windows XP. I can't validate it for a mac...

http://computers.pricegrabber.com/cables-adapters/m/543663/

HTH,

Mark

Thanks Mark..

Can you confirm that you have successfully performed a CONTROL-BREAK on a Cisco Router?

Thanks..

Rob Nockowitz

CCIE #15140

Rob,

I can confirm it works on Cisco routers. Although I use tera term and the break sequence for that works fine.

Mark

timfloyd1
Level 1
Level 1

Rob,

we've used the Belkin f5u409 usb-serial adapter with great success on XP and windows family. The only issue you may run into is that the COM port assigned goes up to COM20 in some applications , so you'll have to verify which COM connection you're actually on.

Hmm..

I have the Belkin F5U409, with the current drivers from Belkin's website.. I cannot perform a break sequence..

Are you sure that you have used yours to break into a Cisco Router? If so, what is the version of the drivers you are running?

Thanks..

Rob Nockowitz

CCIE #15410

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card