Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selling my Router

I want to sell my router. How can I tell exactly what is in it.

I believe its either a 7200, 7204 or 7206? How can I tell.

I know I have an NPE400 card but how can I tell how much memory is on the card?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

garytayl
Level 3
Level 3

Show version will give you Memory specs and model information also, you can use show diag in order to verify the part numbers of the modules attached to this unit.

For the c7200 command "show c7200" might be helpful as well

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

garytayl
Level 3
Level 3

Show version will give you Memory specs and model information also, you can use show diag in order to verify the part numbers of the modules attached to this unit.

For the c7200 command "show c7200" might be helpful as well

So there is no way to find out without turning it on? I don't even remember the username and password for the router. Its been off for about 2.5 years.

The NPE may have 128 or 256 depending on when it was purchased:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps341/prod_bulletin0900aecd8033fc09.html

Try checkin physically the NPE-400 SDRAM module in order to determine if it is 128 or 256.

Make sure to observe security guidelines:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/npe-nse_memory_install/8358in.html#wp1065009

Well I have been unable to get the NPE 400 card out. I don't want to break it.

As I recall, I use to use HyperTerminal to get in. I have hooked up the console cable which is 8pin on one side and the other side of the 8 pin phone connector goes into a DB9 pin serial. I go into Hyperterminal on both a Windows XP machine and a Windows 2000 using Com1 and I don't seem to be getting a response.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

If com1 is not working then use the other ones also, in Hyperterminal make sure you are using the following settings:

Bits/s: 9600

Data bits: 8

Parity: None

Stop bits:1

Ok, I got in and it says:

7206VXR (NPE400) 491520K/32768K

is this 512 K?

bmbreer
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I found my password and I think I know what the password may be.

How can I go in and change the password to whatever the "default" password normally is when Cisco ships the equipment?

Thanks.

I think that will do it.

"How can I go in and change the password to whatever the "default" password normally is when Cisco ships the equipment?"

command in the terminal should be 'write erase'

bmbreer
Level 1
Level 1

If you don't want to turn it on then you could mind-meld with it.

It starts up by saying:

C7200 platform with 524288 K bytes of main memory

sirdudesly
Level 2
Level 2

you'd want to erase the configuration from it before selling it anyway. The chassis should have the model name marked on it though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco