cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC with ACS

Dreadgonfly
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed WLC on my network and using certificate authentication with tkip encryption.Some users are able to authenticate and have access to the domain while others are not.If I log into into the same laptop with my profile,I get wireless connectivity while a user(owner of the laptop can't).Dell laptops are company standard.What could be causing this problem?Please help...

6 Replies 6

krishanmistry
Level 1
Level 1

What authentication mechanism are you using? If it is EAP-TLS then each user will need their own certificate.

I would push out User Certificates via GPO.

I am using WPA authentication with Tkip.I generated my own certificate from ACS box.

WPA is your encryption mechanism, your authentication would be EAP-TLS, PEAP, EAP-Fast, LEAP, EAP-TTLS etc

PEAP thanks

what error message are you receiving on your radius server?

Encryption mismatch.On a device,connectivity starts and within 25-30 seconds,it stops.Only encryption status reverts to AES which we don't support for this setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card