cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1121G-A-K9 with ACS Server Implimentation - Auth works DHCP Doesn't

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

I have a AIR-AP1121G-A-K9 Access point that we are configuring with a cisco ACS 4.2 server pulling from active directory. Currently we authenticate fine but we can't get a DHCP address. The code on the ap 1121 is c1100-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEA. We a vlan 10 which has all the correct ip-helper info before wired vlan 10 hosts get an ip. The SSID on the ap is configured for vlan 10 but the managment ip of the ap is on vlan 500. I can always put in the native vlan 500 config. Here is how the switchport for the ap is configured.

MDF_3750#show run int fa1/0/48

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 131 bytes

!

interface FastEthernet1/0/48

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan 500

switchport mode trunk

end

MDF_3750#

Is the issue with the code on the ap? I heard about a dhcp issue with these ap's. Thanks

Jason

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well it looks like you did as much as you can. I would try to do this next. Configure a temporary dhcp on the access point and see if you can you get an IP Address. Also place a sniffer and monitor the port to see if you can see any request or replies. Other than that, you can always try to load a different IOS version and see if that works for you.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: