Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubt with IVR use in H323 networks

aherraez77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I have not many experience implementing videoconference solutions so I have one doubt with the possibilities of a IVR

Can I use the IVR to route incoming calls to video terminals in a H323 network? Without any call manager. Some people say that yes and other say that the IVR only works for route incoming calls to conferences IDs, but not to a video terminal.

I think that the IVR is a better choose that TCS4 because TCS4 don't work many times.

What is the correct answer?

Thanks yout

4 Replies 4

ecarabias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Antonio!

If you have the gateway, MCU and video endpoints registered in a gatekeeper it's possible to route incoming calls to any extension.

Regards!

Hi,

yes, I can use some methods: DID, IVR, TCS4 and default extension.

Can you confirm me that with a IVR can route calls to a extension. The true is that I have a polycom MCU with their IVR but I can only route calls to conferences.

They say me that IVR is not used for gateway calls. Is this always in a h.323 network?

Thanks you

Hi,

yes, I can use some methods: DID, IVR, TCS4 and default extension.

Can you confirm me that with a IVR can route calls to a extension. The true is that I have a polycom MCU with their IVR but I can only route calls to conferences.

They say me that IVR is not used for gateway calls. Is this always in a h.323 network?

Thanks you

Hi!

The internal IVR of the Cisco IPVC 3527, H.323 <-> H.320 gateway, can do that if it is registered in a gatekeeper.

Regards!