cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Database Access

bhaskar27in
Level 1
Level 1

Can I write an application which will post SQL queries to the ICM database and retrieve the results from the tables?

Thank You,

-Bhaskar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bhaskar,

I think that as long as you don't modify the DB and only run reading DB queries, this is supported by Cisco!

Regards,

Chawki

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Chawki Salhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bhaskar,

Yes of course, the ICM DB is an SQL Server and you can access it with the Query analyzer tool.

Regards,

Chawki

Hi Chawki,

Thanks for your reply. To add more to my first question is, I intend to perform Custom Reporting and that would require me to write an applciation in C++ which will post queries to the ICM database. I have referred the ICM database schema guide and identified few tables which will me give me the data that I need. My basic question is am I free to access the ICM database and retrieve the data with my application?

Thank You,

-Bhaskar

Hi Bhaskar,

I think that as long as you don't modify the DB and only run reading DB queries, this is supported by Cisco!

Regards,

Chawki

Thanks Chawki,

I appreciate your responses.

-Bhaskar

Hold on. Please explain what you are going to do.

For a start, please do not query the Loggers.

I assume you were not going to do that, but were going to query the AW/HDS. Correct? Is WebView running on that box too?

Please be careful about querying the Termination_Call_Detail table. It is designed for writing and not reading, so is not indexed for that. As time goes by and you end up with a lot of TCDs, queries will slow down and use more CPU.

Cisco STRONGLY recommend offloading the database to another server and running the queries there. The AW/HDS has special a role in the ICM system.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I just want to access the real time tables in the ICM database. If AW/HDS can provide me with the real time data, its okay with me. And what is Web View got to do with me accessing the database and retrieving data from the tables? You stated that Cisco recommends offloadingthe database to another server, What does that mean and how can that be done?

I am sorry for my ignorance, but this something new for me.

Thank You,

-Bhaskar

>And what is Web View got to do with me accessing the database and retrieving data from the tables?

Performance.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

we're trying to do the same thing but instead of a custom written app, we're looking to use InfoMaker to create custom reports to report on the AW/HDS database tables.

What we want to do is implement Wrapup data so that we can report on this field from the Termination_Call_Data table, but you mention that this is meant to be a 'write' only table, and with many reads to it, it will cause performance issues on that AW/HDS server.

So, you're suggesting to off-load that table (by making a nightly copy of it perhaps) so that we should be polling this data from the temp location and not the AW/HDS so performance is not affected?

Joe,

That is the recommended way. In particular, processing the TCDs is labour intensive. The WrapupData field is 40 chars, and there is no index. So as the TCDs grow, these queries are going to take some time.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello again Geoff, I had one further question to this. We finally got a copy of Sybase InfoMaker 10.0 and installed it and tested it and it appears to work fine, so now we're ready to take that custom report and place it into WebView as a new report for users to use.

Now, we took the recommended advice and have a nightly copy of the TCD table to another server and are polling the data from that other server. Now, by putting this report into WebView, will it work since it's polling from a different DB located on a differnt server than the AW/HDS?

Hi Bhaskar,

Did you get it done? Did you write the app?

I want to do something similar, I want to build a sort of in-phone-wallboard to display skills' calls stats on the agents phones.

I was thinking of using the Skill_Group_Real_Time table to feed my app but I don't see any calls on queue stats on that table even though I do get a bunch of other real time data regarding the different skills.

I was thinking maybe you had come across this table or something similar.

I know about IP Phone agent but I'm looking for alternatives.

thanks

Better use a wallboard or some canned webview reports displayed taken from an AW or some custom DB/tables.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: