FXS as SCCP

Unanswered Question
Aug 6th, 2008

Hi All,

I have a requirement to configure an FXS port as SCCP and control the Analog phone connected to it by registering the FXS to a CallManager.

I am getting stuck at the first stages itself. I understand the command for that should be stcapp. My routers will not take the command. I have tried on router with SRST, CME and just voice software.

My CallManager version is 4.1(3).

Any help in configuring this will be great.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
ShailendraK Wed, 08/06/2008 - 08:37

Thank you very much for replying,

The router I have is a 2811. The IOS version is c2800nm-entservicesk9-mz.124-18.bin.

1. Do I need to install CME on this router?

2. Is the IOS version correct.

3. What should I look for in the IOS features if this is not the corrrect one?

I do apologise for too many questions but I have been struggling with this one for the past 6 days. None of the links I have found on cisco.com have this information.

Thanks again.

espereir Wed, 08/06/2008 - 09:01

The feature set that you have is the "ENTERPRISE SERVICES"; you will need to get an "ADVANCED ENTERPRISE SERVICES" IOS image in order to get the "SCCP Controlled Analog (FXS) Port with Supplementary services" feature; one of them is IOS 12.4(20)T (c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-20.T.bin).

Whenever you need a Voice feature on a GW, you just need to make sure that the IOS release ends with a T; just upgrade the IOS to the one listed above and you will get the SCCP feature.

Useful links:

- IOS Feature Navigator: http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

- Cisco IOS Software Download page: http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-ios.shtml

Hope this helps!

ShailendraK Wed, 08/06/2008 - 12:56

Thank you espereir, it helped. I have ran into the problem of unsupported FXS but that is a different issue.

I appreciate all the help. I will rate your reply.

Regards

Actions

This Discussion