Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS zone-based firewall and RTP latency

drughetto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i recently have implemented the new zone-based firewall on my CISCO 1841 with 384MB memory, advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.t3 IOS image, HWIC-1ADSL and HWIC-AP-G-E Network cards. In order to avoid any possible latency introduced by the firewall during packet inspection i have decided to create a "pass all" policy in between the VOIP zone (actually the wireless subinterface) and the INTERNET zone (Dialer interface). The policy has been created leaving the class default-class with the "pass" parameter on, instead of the deafult "drop" for both traffics : from the INTERNET zone to the VOIP one and from the VOIP zone to the INTERNET one. Anyway, despite this configuration i noticed a performance degradation of the voip calls comparing to the classic firewall CBAC feature. I also noticed a slight better performance when i put the wireless subinterface in the same INTERNET zone. Anyway this is not a solution for security reasons.

1 Reply 1

drughetto
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card