Views
Helpful
Replies

X.21 @ WIC-1T Back to Back

idsgmbh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to connect two Routers with a WIC-1T over X21 bach-to-back. Does this work with a CAB-SS-X21FC and a CAB-SS-X21MT for testing pupose? I know that will have to configure the clockrate on the DCE side.

Thanks,

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bmbreer
Level 1
Level 1

Tomas,

The WIC-1T has a DB60 interface. The cables you listed use the smart serial connector so they will not work. The following cables should work.

DB15F X21 to DB60 CISCO Cable: CAB-X21FC

DB15M X21 to DB60 CISCO Cable: CAB-X21MT

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Thomas

I am not too sure of the cable labels you mentioned in your post. But if you have an X21 DTE cable and an X21 DCE cable, and you connect the two DB15 ends together, then yes, this will work to connect two routers together.

I actually have a number of different DCE/DTE connections (X21, RS232,V35, RS449) in my home lab along with the DB60/DB60 back to back cables and they all work, no problem.

HTH

Best Regards,

Michael

bmbreer
Level 1
Level 1

Tomas,

The WIC-1T has a DB60 interface. The cables you listed use the smart serial connector so they will not work. The following cables should work.

DB15F X21 to DB60 CISCO Cable: CAB-X21FC

DB15M X21 to DB60 CISCO Cable: CAB-X21MT

I Ment the CAB-X21FC and the CAB-X21FC (without the -SS-) so i will try with them

Thank You

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco