Views
Helpful
Replies

"Network out of order" on inbound calls

florianfetty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody!

I'm to set up a banch office in the UK with Cisco 1800 as a voicegateway (h323) to interact with CUCM 6.0!

Outbound calls are working but inbound ones get dropped. The output of debug isdn q931 is "Network out of order". I can ping CUCM, so I don't know what could be the problem!?

Best Regards; Florian

11 Replies 11

florianfetty
Level 1
Level 1

Just for additional information: I`m austrian and don't know if the problems occur since I did the BRI-configuration as for an austrian ISDN:

interface BRI0/1/1

description *** Voice ***

no ip address

no logging event link-status

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn overlap-receiving T302 5000

isdn twait-disable

isdn point-to-point-setup

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn send-alerting

isdn sending-complete

isdn static-tei 0

Could you please upload the debug isdn q931, debug voice ccapi inout and the show run of the config?

Is this a BRI Line or PRI line?

Hi everybody!

It's BRI! Attached you'll find the output of isdn q931 and ccapi inout as well as the sho run of the router! The gateway`s IP on callmanager-side is 172.16.63.253!

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

Which interface are you using as an h323 voip interface ?

I dont see it in your configuration...

It`s interface vlan8!

BR

Hi,

Sorry i missed that one...try adding h323-gateway voip interface and also if you could post a debug of your dial-peers...

Hi!

It doesn't work also with adding the command you told me! Attached there is a debug voip dialpeer all!

BR

Could you please also upload a CCM detailed trace?

I would like to check if the CCM server is receiving something...

Hi,

Could you provide output from the following commands:

show voice iec description

debug ip tcp transaction

debug cch323 h225

thanks !!

Hi everybody!

We managed to fix the problem ourselves! There was NAT enabled between the branch office and the headquarters, which manipulated the voice gateway`s IP address so the callmanager didn`t react on incoming packages!

Here`s how we figured that out:

On CUCM CLI I enabled a "utils network capture 172.16.63.253" -> no packets received by CUCM! Since you cannot enable a capture for only ICMP I used a little trick! I enabled "utils network capture port 23" - well, CUCM doesn't support telnet at all BUT it sees incoming telnet-requests! Since the sender`s IP didn`t match the gateway`s IP, there has to be some NAT on the WAN-link! After turning off the NAT (from which we actually didn`t know that it was turned on ;-) ) everything was working normal!

Thanks for your fast replies!

Best regards; Florian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: