Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Date & Time conversion

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello All,

How can I convert the date & time in the CDR report to underestandable date and time? There used to be a tool for this matter, does anyone have that tool?

Thanks,

19 Replies 19

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801d71c5.shtml

On the "Date Format in the CDR Database" section there's a link you can click to download the tool and it explains how to convert the time using excel too :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks,

I am not able to retieve the CDR repport by selecting the user. It shows nothing in the output but when I chose "Department" I can see the details. Although I see the CSV format but the only working option is the PDF. I am using CCM 5.1. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Are you getting any error message?

I guess you are using the User Reports--> Individual, can you please try running a report from: CDR--> Search--> User/Extension and see if this works?

I can get the output from CDR--> Search--> User/Extension but how can I export that file. The only available option is "send report" but normaly the CCM is not configured to send any emails.

Hi Mightking - you need to ensure the phones are associated with the relevant user (under phone config) to run this report.

Thanks

Brian

I have the output but don't know how to export them. The only option I have is to send report but the CCM is not configured to send emails. Is there any other ways?

Thanks,

Could someone please reply?

Thanks,

If you don't want to send the report by e-mail you can go to CDR > Export CDR/CMR, but this will export all of them not only for one extension.

Refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/4_2_3/ccmsrva/sacar7.html

Otherwise if this is a CCM 4.X you can run a SQL query for that extension.

Publisher Call Manager>Start>Programs>MS SQL Server >Query

Analyzer

Select the appropriate database from the DB: dropdown menu, then

type the following in the blank area:

From the query analyzer run the following command:

"select * from CallDetailRecord where

callingPartyNumber = XXXX"

This link explains the CDR record fields:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cdr_defs/4_x/cdr413.html

If you still need a time conversion method, here is the link I use:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

Or you can use this formula in excel for EST conversion: (where C5 is the cell you put the unix format date/time in)

=(C5-18000)/86400+DATE(1970,1,1)

I am looking for how to export the output from CDR--> Search--> User/Extension. The only available option is "send report" but normaly the CCM is not configured to send any emails. I am using CCM 5.1.

You can export a CDR dump for a specific date using:

Step 1 From CDR Analysis and Reporting, choose CDR > Export CDR/CMR.

The Export CDR/CMR records window displays.

Step 2 In the From Date and To Date pull-down menus, choose a date range for the CDR/CMR dump.

Step 3 In Select records, check the CDR and/or CMR check box.

Step 4 Click Export to File.

from the CUCM 5.X CDR Admin Guide

Altenatively configure the email paramaters in CUCM and email your "CDR search by extension" to the relevant recipient

Hello 

Is this query Analyzer somthing I can down load ? I have my exported CDR dump ??

You stated above

Analyzer

Select the appropriate database from the DB: dropdown menu, then

type the following in the blank area:

From the query analyzer run the following command:

"select * from CallDetailRecord where

callingPartyNumber = XXXX"

This link explains the CDR record fields:

Hello,

I need confirmation about the date in CDR. The format of the date is in UTC time whatever the date format of the windows system ?

Because in my CUCM in version 4.2 i have one hour shift between the time of call and the time in the CDR for the same call.

Could you give me the link in the Cisco documentation that's explain this ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

What are you referring to in thisLink, I need a Time conversion from the CDR Dump export file. Why don't you provide the Link

byronmcneil_0-1678824397242.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: