cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pilot Point Queueing with Rollover to VM

jeff.heckart
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pilot point setup and three AC users. They are successfully logging in and out of AC.

At the bottom of my hunt group list, I have a CTI route point forwarding to VM. When all users log out of the queue, I expect the always route member, which is VM, to be routed. When all are logged out, the caller sits in the queue until the timeout expires and they hit the always route member.

Based upon docs, it seems like this isn't the way it should happen. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeff,

As long as you have queuing enabled, then the behavior you describe is as designed. When no attendant is available the call will remain in the queue until the expiration of the hold timer.

A feature request (CSCef61409) was once filed to change the behavior so that AC would not route call to queue when no agents logged in. The feature has yet to be implemented, and the workaround you have in mind of using ToD routing to decide whether or not to send the call to the queue sounds better than the one described in the DDTS of changing the hold timer.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Which algorithm you are using?

If you change this to first available?

Same issue?

I actually just tried all four algorithm's, and get the same result each time.

I may have to use a ToD in CCM to route the pilot point's number to the CTI RP. I would hope that there is a better way though.

Thanks.

Jeff,

As long as you have queuing enabled, then the behavior you describe is as designed. When no attendant is available the call will remain in the queue until the expiration of the hold timer.

A feature request (CSCef61409) was once filed to change the behavior so that AC would not route call to queue when no agents logged in. The feature has yet to be implemented, and the workaround you have in mind of using ToD routing to decide whether or not to send the call to the queue sounds better than the one described in the DDTS of changing the hold timer.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

It's not ideal, but ToD is doing the trick. Hopefully we see that feature soon.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff