cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easiest method to forward calls from old number to new number?

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer is changing his number from 1000 to 2000 during migration, with the same IP Phone.

i.e. his current phone is registered to CCM and works.

what is the easiest way to forward , all his calls from old number 1000 to new number 2000 uding the same IP Phone?

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

create a dummy Directory number 1000 CFA to 2000

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Not sure to understand your situation, but isn't possible to change the acutal DN of the line?

If not perhaps you can give more details abour your scenario, but top of my head you could use a Translation patter to change the DN from 1000 to 2000 or perhaps a CTI Route Point 1000 forwarded to 2000. We may give a better answer after a more detailed question.

//J

Well, the scenario is this.the customer was having a IP Phone with DN 64451000 with site A CCM and voice gatewway, which now needs migration to another site CCM and voice gateway.All the CCMs are in one cluster.

So he wants all calls coming to Site A, DN 1000 to be forwarded to Site B DN 65902000 via WAN.the IP Phone will be registered to site B now.Site A and site B are connected to wan.aite A has two SUB, and site B has one PUB and one SUB.

I tried the following:

1)CFA from 1000 to 2000 a with the call coming to site A gw & CCM.The call then goes to 2000 over WAN, but when the customer picks this call, he gets another call(two calls once he picks up first)???(need to find out more.from onsite. is the call looping??)

I have another translation pattern configured, for hiding CLID, if site B users wih DN 2xxx call other IP Phones.

Not sure if this a CSS/partition or translation pattern problem or the Translation pattern is clashing??

Any guesses.

By the way how is the translation pattern used. Is it used for incoing calls from gw via PSTN to CCM or in outgoing direction from IP Phone to PSTN,, any good doc/url for understanding?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: