cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change where messages are delivered

tfelmly
Level 1
Level 1

Got a request from my boss. We have been running Unity as a unified voice messaging system for a while but didn't use Exchange as our mail server. Now we have installed an Exchange 2007 farm and are starting to roll out Outlook to our clients.

My boss noticed when he was switched that all his new and old voicemails are in his inbox on Outlook (exactly what unified means). He doesn't think the user community will want voice messages showing up in their inboxes. I on the other hand think its great and the users will love it.

To satisfy him, is there a way to tell Unity 5.x to deliver messages to another folder in Outlook. I know you can set a filter up to move messages but once the message is moved from the inbox, the TUI can no longer play them.

Thanks!

Todd

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Unity does not have a mechanism to send messages to adifferent folder. It will send them to the Inbox only. As you mention, you can do a filter or create a rule in Outlook, but when calling into Unity, Unity is only going to look at the inbox for voicemail messages and if it was moved it will not find it, hence will not play it. Also you will

have issues with MWI, so I believe it's not a good idea.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Tere is totally correct.

Be sure that all UM features like vmo are installed on his outlook and he will soon be hooked. VM will have a new icon and he can play it through his computer speakers or have it ring his phone just by clicking in outlook

vmo still works when the vm is not in the inbox however Unity will not look for it and MWI will not work as has been said.

Randy

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Todd,

The only way around will be to have two different AD/Exchange accounts for the users that do not want to have the voicemails on Outlook, my advise will be to have something like:

JohnSmith -> For his mail/PC.

JohnSmith_VM -> For his voicemail subscriber.

If after checking how VMO and UM works your Boss wants to roll back, you can use COBRAS in order to merge the JohnSmith_VM mailbox into the JohnSmith.

Hope this helps!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: