cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RONA per Skill Group rather then Agent

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Is there a way to treat a RONA to an agent based on their skill group rather then their agent desk setting. Basically I have agents that are servicing multiple skills/queue's and i want the rona to be different depending on where it came from, not just per agent.

Thanks!

Chad

13 Replies 13

With CVP yes, it's based out of the SG, it will fail out of the QtoSG node and you can check the requery status to ensure it's a RONA. With IP IVR your RONA is based on the agent desk setting, in order to do that you will need to have different desk settings based on the agent. Or send all RONAs to one huge script and do checks to see where the call came from and where it will be going.

david

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

I'm assuming this is for Enterprise? If so, to accomplish this you would need to set a flag in the original queue script and then filter on that flag in the RONA script. For example, you could set Variable1 equal to "SALES" at the top of your Sales queue script. Then, in a shared RONA script you could filter for Variable1 = "SALES" and route accordingly.

david,

Where is the requery status held? Thanks for the help!

Chad

Chad,

On the queue node there is a requey checkbox, simply check it and create logic for RONA in the same queueing script.

Chris

Would this mean then for CVP, on my agent desk settings, I should have my RONA script set to .

Thanks for all the help!

Chad

Does not matter as the RONA script does not get invoked with CVP, it uses the global CVP Ring No Answer configuration parameter to determine RONA timer and simply follows the requery path on ICM script.

HTH,

Chris

RONA with CVP using router requery is pretty well described in the Cisco CVP manuals. I had no trouble making this work with H.323 as the RNA setting in the VB was easy to configure. I've never tried with SIP.

I'm not a big fan of RONA and prefer to talk customers into using auto-answer (through CUCM) and avoid RONA.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

That's interesting, my mentality is the total opposite, I like RONA and don't like auto answer. However, it all depends in the call center, staff, management, etc. However, one thing for sure is that having no RONA makes the scripting and reporting easier.

david

David,

"However, it all depends in the call center, staff, management, etc"

Indeed it does. Thanks for posting your viewpoint - and I agree with your last statement.

Regards,

Geoff

I inherited that similar setup from my predecessor and I want to move out of it.

Basically we have our desktop settings 'Ring no Answer' pointing to a shared RNA (or RONA) script with 40+ 'if' nodes and 40+ corresponding 'Queue to skill' nodes. We feed the skill group name via a peripheral variable, we then check its value using an 'if' node if true we send the call back to the skill it came from via its corresponding 'Queue to Skill' node and if false it moves on to the next 'if' node; very messy!

I could do this operation dynamically in 5 nodes if I could just feed the skill name directly to the 'Queue to Skill' node via a variable.

Any ideas??

We have ICM 6.0 with QMgr 3.5.

thanks

This would be great, but dangerous at the same time. I've always thought about how nice it would be for more of the nodes to be dynamic, however it opens the doors to lots of potential issues, especially in a larger environment.

This is not possible, which it was, but it's not. :(

david

Your setup is correct, this is the best way to check for where the RONAed call needs to be redirected. If you are concerned about the size of the script, your other alterantive would be to divide it and assign different agent desk settings to different agents.

Sorry,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: