cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dynamic dns !

illusion_rox
Level 1
Level 1

hi all, i would like to configure DDNS on my router, the problem is that, i have got 2 static public ip address from two ISPs, primary is ISP1 and backup is ISP2. i am using IP SLA monitor to monitor certain website (prefix) and if it goes down it takes of the default route ( over which i have applied tracking) and the other default route with higher AD gets in the routing table pointing to ISP2. now there is no DHCP in my environment, so do you guys think i can still use DDNS ? so that whenever my ISP1 internet ( link is on Fastethernet which never goes down thts why i used IP SLA) goes down, my internet traffic now goes through ISP2 with its public ip address, so ip address does change but i dont know how to trigger this event to cause DDNS update ? kindly guide me if i need to change my network design i will do it, i just want DDNS to work.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Sureshdank
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card