QoS urgent

Unanswered Question

hai

I am working for an ISP so that i have put a 2 MB link to the customer router . since the customer is having video traffic i had pu t some policies in the customer end router .i had given precedence value 4 for the video traffic and remaining in class-default,after applying the policy map to the outside port(which is connected to the ISP) the availiable banwidth is showing 0 and getting the packet queued.the queing stratagy showing is weighted fair .so i tried to make it as fifo thru "no fair-qeue" then it is given that "must disable the CBWFQ"

I had given priority 1536 for video and remainin 512 MB for data


please help me to clear this problem

thanks in advance


Mahesh

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
royalblues Thu, 08/07/2008 - 00:59
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

> after applying the policy map to the outside port(which is connected to the ISP) the availiable banwidth is showing 0


This is not a problem.. since you are using CBWFQ and have assigned all available bandwidth to the policy, the show interface would show it as zero


You need to use sh policy-map interface to see whether you are dropping traffic under the class


HTH

Narayan



nourelrayes Thu, 08/07/2008 - 21:44
User Badges:

LLQ should be used when there is real time applications, it will give the video application a fixed strict bandwidth queue.

LFI also should be used to decrease the seialization delay.

Only 75% of the total availble bandwidth should be assigned to the classes created.

shiva_ial Mon, 08/11/2008 - 02:28
User Badges:

mahesh,

I suggest you should do some modifications on the policy applied


as per your policy

voice class - 1548 kbps

data class - 512 kbps


totally accounts around 2048 kbps (2MB link)


you should understand,until you use max-reserved bandwidth command in the interface config you will have only 75% of bandwidth allocated to the policy which is 1.5 mbp approximately.


75% is cisco's recommendation(remaining 25% is used for routing & other protocol updates)


so you should have used max reserved bandwidth command to override this and use 2mb completely.


I hope,have answered you query.


rate if it helps


rgds/shiva




Actions

This Discussion