Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS urgent

mahesh_kv3
Level 1
Level 1

hai

I am working for an ISP so that i have put a 2 MB link to the customer router . since the customer is having video traffic i had pu t some policies in the customer end router .i had given precedence value 4 for the video traffic and remaining in class-default,after applying the policy map to the outside port(which is connected to the ISP) the availiable banwidth is showing 0 and getting the packet queued.the queing stratagy showing is weighted fair .so i tried to make it as fifo thru "no fair-qeue" then it is given that "must disable the CBWFQ"

I had given priority 1536 for video and remainin 512 MB for data

please help me to clear this problem

thanks in advance

Mahesh

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

> after applying the policy map to the outside port(which is connected to the ISP) the availiable banwidth is showing 0

This is not a problem.. since you are using CBWFQ and have assigned all available bandwidth to the policy, the show interface would show it as zero

You need to use sh policy-map interface to see whether you are dropping traffic under the class

HTH

Narayan

nourelrayes
Level 1
Level 1

LLQ should be used when there is real time applications, it will give the video application a fixed strict bandwidth queue.

LFI also should be used to decrease the seialization delay.

Only 75% of the total availble bandwidth should be assigned to the classes created.

shiva_ial
Level 1
Level 1

mahesh,

I suggest you should do some modifications on the policy applied

as per your policy

voice class - 1548 kbps

data class - 512 kbps

totally accounts around 2048 kbps (2MB link)

you should understand,until you use max-reserved bandwidth command in the interface config you will have only 75% of bandwidth allocated to the policy which is 1.5 mbp approximately.

75% is cisco's recommendation(remaining 25% is used for routing & other protocol updates)

so you should have used max reserved bandwidth command to override this and use 2mb completely.

I hope,have answered you query.

rate if it helps

rgds/shiva

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: