cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having issues with inventory CiscoWorks LMS 3.0.1

darren.ashcroft
Level 1
Level 1

For certain devices the inventory collection is failing even though device is describes as reachable etc. we are getting the "device sensed, but collection failed" message. Also over 100 of our deviced are showing only as partial collection on inventory. Any help would be much appreciated.

9 Replies 9

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

First thing to try would be to increase the timeouts on the RME jobs.

Think thats RME -> admin -> system preferences.

Cheers,

Michel

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of RME? What type of device?

RME is 4.1.1, device is 2950 running c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-6.EA2a software. Another device connected to it same spec, same sw has no issues. Device is 'reachable', is seen in CiscoView etc. we've even taken a packet capture and even of the SNMP traffic and all appears ok, it's just that in RME it is shown as inventory never collected and each time we try an update inventory it apparently fails. This is across about 30 devices in a network of 150.

What version of IOS on the 2950? There are a few known device bugs with 2950s running less than 12.1(14)EA code. Other than that, you may be getting hit by CSCsm97530. Please post your IC_Server.log.

Hi again, IOS we are using is c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-6.EA2a. Log attached. Thanks again for your help.

You will need to upgrade this switch to 12.1(14)EA1 or higher. I recommend 12.1(19)EA1 or higher.

Thanks again for your help, is it possible you could provide me with some details on this, or point me in the direction of the relevant documentation. It's just that I have a customer that obviously wants some information on this before he goes through the process of upgrading 100+ switches ;-)

The bug is CSCdx60492. The minimum version is actually 12.1(11)EA1. I was thinking of a 3550 ENTITY-MIB bug which required 12.1(19)EA1.

I would suggest using RME to do the actual upgrade, but without a proper inventory collection, that may not work. You may need to use the CLI procedure documented at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_example09186a0080169627.shtml .

By the way have tried changing the timeouts, but to no effect. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: