cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0

ahmed_saleh
Level 1
Level 1

I am installed Cisco works LMS 5000 stand alone over windows 2003 server to manage 1350 device

>>Please I need help in these remarks the customer asking me about and I need if to trust if my answer is true or no<<

1- Customer question: The performance doesn't as we need.

My answer: we provide to customer 2 CPU with 2 GB RAM memory

And we upgrade ram to 4 GB

4 Replies 4

ahmed_saleh
Level 1
Level 1

2- Customer question: The node may be appearing as down and unreachable on the network topology map although the branch is working

My answer: I recommend using loop back interface and loop back not have rout from ISP

NOTE: I install LMS to manage devices in LAN and over WAN, and we have main branch and 300 remote branch every remote branch have tow serial interface connected to main branch act as a redundant connection

Then when I trapshooting I am get the loop back not have rout from ISP then I told customer to call ISP to get rout for Loop back interface

3- Customer question: So we need to insert the devices by the 2 serial IP so that the device (Branch) ca n appears to be as 2 links to discover any problem in any link.

My answer: CDP can't run over MPLS then the customer need insert every router by to ips to appearing as tow router I am tri to insert the routers by to ip but in topology the router appear as one

4- Customer question: Can't obtain monitoring screen to monitor the devices and to display the status of the device when it becomes up or down. But the system has the device fault manager screen which displays the Fault devices only and can't display the up or normal devices (This is regarding to DFM component → device fault manager). (DFM screen can't display the network status). Also, the DFM screen can't be used to monitor the faulty devices because when it discovers the faulty devices, it stores and saves their Status as faulty for a period of time (31 days). And can't erase their status before the period has been timed out even if the device become up and reachable, so the device appears to the viewer as unreachable although it Is reachable and working.

My answer : Answer Refer to User Guide for Device Fault Manager Page NO 3-1, The down status only appeared on DFM not the up status (check the below).

How to Use the Alerts and Activities Display

The Alerts and Activities display provides real-time information about the operational status of your network. The displays are designed so that you can set them up and leave them running, providing an ongoing monitoring tool that signals you when something needs attention. When a fault occurs in your network, Device Fault Manager (DFM) generates an event. All events occurring on the same device are rolled up into a single alert. If the alert occurs on an element in your active Alerts and Activities view, it is shown on your Alerts and Activities display. When you click the Alert ID, the Alerts and Activities Detail display opens and lists all events in that particular alert. Alerts are displayed by severity; the most

Severe and recent alerts are listed first. The alert severity is the severity of the alert's most critical event. If desired, you can change event names to names that are more meaningful to you. These customized names will be reflected in both the Alerts and Activities display and any Fault History reports you generate. For information on changing DFM event names using Notification Customization,

And. Refer to User Guide for Device Fault Manager Page NO 1-7, this is one of DFM features.

What Is Fault History?

Fault History provides the history of DFM events and alerts. The stored history includes alert information and annotations (informational text entered by DFM users), and event information and properties (component name and MIB attributes). You can start Fault History in the following ways: • From the DFM Alerts and Activities Display page. From here, you can generate a Fault History display with information about alerts and events from the last 24 hours. • From the DFM home page by selecting Faults > Fault History. This method provides historical

Information about all alerts and events in the Fault History database. The Fault History database keeps information for the alerts and events that occurred within the last 31 days. • From the LMS portal by selecting Device Diagnostic Tools > Device Center. From here, you can select a single device and generate a 24-hour or 31-day display. You can use Fault History to generate customized tabular displays of specific alerts, specific events, event dates, and event severity.

you can erase the status log, please find the below User Guide for Device Fault Manager Page NO 3-7

Clearing Alerts

You can manually clear alerts. Select one or more alerts and click Clear to remove the alerts from DFM.

Note You are asked to confirm if you want to clear the alert. Enter your user ID. This will be used as a

Reference to identify who cleared the alert. Click OK to confirm and clear the alert, or click Cancel to retain the alert

5- So we can't depend on this screen, we need a monitoring screen to display all of devices (Reachable and unreachable).

My answer :my recommendation in this case should configure GRE tunnel from main site to remote branches to get monitoring screen for (Reachable and unreachable)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: