cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS downgrade

crmljc1976
Level 1
Level 1

I want to downgrade the current version of IOS software on my Cisco 877w to IOS ver 12.3(8)YI1. I have got some applications which dont work properly with the latest IOS. Where can I obtain these IOS images from?

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Colin

You obtain IOS images from Cisco. If the router is covered by an active maintenance contract then you are entitled to download different versions of IOS for the router. Is this router covered by an active maintenance contract?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

is this an extra cost? I might have an old cisco 877 lying around. Can i copy the IOS image from the old cisco 877 to the new cisco 877W?

Colin

If there is an active maintenance contract on the router then changing versions of IOS is not an extra charge (but changing feature sets would be). If you do not have an active maintenance contract on the router then there is a charge for the maintenance contract.

Leagally to change the IOS version on the router you should have a maintenance contract. Functionally if you have another 877 you probably could copy IOS from one to the other.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

kmccourt
Level 1
Level 1

Are you sure about your IOS version? 12.3(8r)YIx is the IOS ROMMON for the 870 series routers not the IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card