Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7921G Newbie

kfarrington
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I have just received a 7921 and have no idea how to use it. So looking at the documentation, these phones will only work if connected to Cisco call manager correct?

If I cant gain access to a call manager at the moment, can I use the phone as a wireless device? ie, connect to a SSID like starbucks, and connect to the web for browsing?

If not, I will just put it back in my drawer

Thx

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

The 7921G is is proprietary Cisco device and must be connected to either a Cisco Callmanager or Callmanager Express :( You won't be able to use it outside of your enterprise.

Really a pretty great phone though, we are just labbing up our first few.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

The 7921G is is proprietary Cisco device and must be connected to either a Cisco Callmanager or Callmanager Express :( You won't be able to use it outside of your enterprise.

Really a pretty great phone though, we are just labbing up our first few.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thats a shame :(

Thanks Rob anyway

I was just hoping to use some of the site survey tools that are supposed on the phone, but cant do nowt without it connecting to a CM

shame :(

Ta fella,

Ken

Hi Ken,

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your question :( You can use the 7921 Site Survey function without being Registered to Callmanager. I was referring to actual "Calling "features. Have a look;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/administration/guide/7921wrnt.html#wp1107631

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: I like the way your VoWLAN document is shaping up. Looks good!

thanks fella, I will get a generic design rules doco out and post it for all :) We can all add comments to it :)

Many thx, will look at the link now.

Ur a top man !!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card