Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7921G Newbie

kfarrington
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I have just received a 7921 and have no idea how to use it. So looking at the documentation, these phones will only work if connected to Cisco call manager correct?

If I cant gain access to a call manager at the moment, can I use the phone as a wireless device? ie, connect to a SSID like starbucks, and connect to the web for browsing?

If not, I will just put it back in my drawer

Thx

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

The 7921G is is proprietary Cisco device and must be connected to either a Cisco Callmanager or Callmanager Express :( You won't be able to use it outside of your enterprise.

Really a pretty great phone though, we are just labbing up our first few.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

The 7921G is is proprietary Cisco device and must be connected to either a Cisco Callmanager or Callmanager Express :( You won't be able to use it outside of your enterprise.

Really a pretty great phone though, we are just labbing up our first few.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thats a shame :(

Thanks Rob anyway

I was just hoping to use some of the site survey tools that are supposed on the phone, but cant do nowt without it connecting to a CM

shame :(

Ta fella,

Ken

Hi Ken,

I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood your question :( You can use the 7921 Site Survey function without being Registered to Callmanager. I was referring to actual "Calling "features. Have a look;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/administration/guide/7921wrnt.html#wp1107631

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: I like the way your VoWLAN document is shaping up. Looks good!

thanks fella, I will get a generic design rules doco out and post it for all :) We can all add comments to it :)

Many thx, will look at the link now.

Ur a top man !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card