Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find router CPU clock-speed

rsgamage1
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need to find the CPU clock-speed of an ISR.

show version does not indicate this information on the c2811 I have running on an SP services IOS image.

Couldn't even locate this on 2800 series feature comparison given in,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/ps5882/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68_ps5854_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Thanks in advance for your time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The performance metric is compared by router models not CPU. It's not like you can purchase a router and have the option to upgrade the CPU for faster performance.

The performance metric by router models is explained on the document I pointed out.

What more information do you want than the one provided by the PDF?

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From what I understand, CPE CPU specification information is no longer published as its deemed Cisco

Systems proprietary information, which includes CPU speed, make or any other

architecture information that is requested as part of the requirement.

To gauge the speed of the processor, you can rely on the 'router performance' PDF

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/quickreference/index.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks for the information Edison.

In that case don't you think that there should be some sort of CPU related performance metrics available for clients to be able to decide on the correct platform?

Also could you provide more information on router performance metric please?

The performance metric is compared by router models not CPU. It's not like you can purchase a router and have the option to upgrade the CPU for faster performance.

The performance metric by router models is explained on the document I pointed out.

What more information do you want than the one provided by the PDF?

__

Edison.

Thanks Edison, I will refer to competitive information and other references, relevant to particular technical considerations I have.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco