Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client - logging question

D0nprintup_2
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

I have a user who is using the Cisco VPN Client. Last month he was using it successfully and now it just stopped working.

He is GETTING VARIOUS ERROR MESSAGES 435, 412 ERROR MESSAGES.

I want to collect logs from the client. I know I can turn on logging and set it to 3.

My question is: Does anyone know the files I need to edit to enable logging at (I believe) 10.

I seen it done once and I really don't know what's going on with this setup. SO I want to get as much logs as possible.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Donald

Perhaps your question is asking about logging both on the client and on the concentrator? The levels for logging on the client go up to 3. Logging levels on the concentrator go up to 13. On the concentrator select Configuration, then selects System, then select Events, then select Classes, then choose the Event Class for which you want to change the logging level (for example perhaps IKE if you believe that the problem may be failure to negotiate IKE) and select modify. On the resulting screen you will be able to set the logging level.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: