Views
Helpful
Replies

Archive Poller Job never completes, and it can not be removed

janvandek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A Archive poller jobs was scheduled daily some time ago, however after some period I noticed that it stops because one day it never completes (a - is set at RME jobs). I can not delete this job, even if I first stop it. Also the Job purge will not delete this job. If I disable it, it is still not removed. If I enable a new job, the job id still exists but the schedule date is adapted to the new first schedule date. I also find this new scheduled job not in the list of RME jobs.

Does someone know how I can remove my first job, because I think this job blocks the other new job I like to create (Archive poller jobs).

Is it possible delete this job via the DOS commands on the server.

Regards

Jan

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the job still running?

Hi,

Well infact no it is not running.

The Archive Poller jobs was scheduled daily and run successfull every day until june04 (job 1034.244). In the RME jobs table it is noticed as not completed (no date is filled in this field).

I could remove all previous job 1034.xxx, but for the job1034.244 it is not possible.

This job number is also the id I see when I try to enable a new Archive Poller Job. I first try to disable this (because then it says that it will be removed) Afterwards I enable a new job (new date appears) but the id is still of the old jobs. In RME jobs table I find the new scheduled job not in the list.

Regards

Jan

This is an instance of job 1034. You can try and delete this job using the jobcli command, but I doubt it will work. You will most likely have to open a TAC service request, and have them walk you through removing the job from the DB.

To use jobcli, run:

NMSROOT/bin/cwjava -cw NMSROOT com.cisco.nm.cmf.jrm.jobcli

NMSROOT is the path into which you have installed LMS.

At the prompt, type:

delete 1034

I had this same issue. I recently noticed that my archive poller job had not successfully run since Sep. 9th 2008 even though my archive update job was running fine. After troubleshooting it with no success I happened to notice that I had a stopped process in Common Services named "1055", which was the job ID for my archive poller job. I started the process and almost immediately received an email stating that job 1055.502 was running, this is the same job that did not complete on Sep. 9th 2008. The job completed and a new job was scheduled for tomorrow July 7th 2009.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco