Looking for a 2801 WIC

Answered Question
Aug 7th, 2008


I want to connect my Cisco 2801 (C2801-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M) an E1, do you know the part number for WIC modules for 2801 routers ?.

Best regards, thank you.

Correct Answer by Edison Ortiz about 8 years 6 months ago

RJ-48 to BNC?

Well, then the BNC will go to the telco side and the RJ-48 will connect to this unit:






  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
lveraza Fri, 08/08/2008 - 08:21

Thanks Edison,

Do you know If there is another type of WIC, because my ISP is going to give me a V35 interface, I need a serial port.

Do you understand me ?.

Thank you, best regards.

lveraza Fri, 08/08/2008 - 09:29


Do you know the part number for the RJ-48 cable of VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 ?.

Thank you.

Edison Ortiz Fri, 08/08/2008 - 09:50


I've always used the standard patch cable on those kind of connections. From the WIC to the telco jack.



lveraza Fri, 08/08/2008 - 10:00

Yes, do you have this standard patch cable part number ?. is there ?.

Edison Ortiz Fri, 08/08/2008 - 10:03

There isn't a part number. You can find that kind of cable basically anywhere. It's the same cable you would use to connect your PC to a network jack.



lveraza Fri, 08/08/2008 - 10:06

Ok, I understand you, but I receive from ISP a coaxial cable with BNC connector, do you understand me ?.

Ther is a cable with Rj-48 to BNC for this connection.


This Discussion