Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Spam

Hi there !

I have a situation in the LAN.. (see attached)....

I need to record an Agent voice traffic from it's IPphone to the CRS server... How can I do that through the OSPF ?

I was thinking about remote vlan span.. but I think it will not work because os OFSP...

Thanks.

Andrei.

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Andrei,

you would need a dedicated L2 path from source to destination and a dedicated Vlan

In addition, as far as I know remote span is supported only on C6509 and your ip phone is connected to a C3560G.

If real time isn't a strict requirement you could store the traffic on a PC connected to the PC port of the phone and later move it using FTP to the CRS.

Otherwise you need to move the phone on the Cat6509 if possible.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Andrei,

remote SPan is endeed supported on C3560 I checked.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swspan.html#wp1078977

follow the instructions: on all switches on the path the same vlan must be declared as a remote span vlan and used only on the trunk ports from source to destination (remote span vlan has mac address learning disabled)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card