cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages appearing in Example Administrator Mailbox

jamize
Level 1
Level 1

We keep receiving messages left in the Example Administrator Mailbox and are trying to figure out how to keep this from happening short of deleting the mailbox. Any assistance is appreciated.

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

usually Eadmin is the recipient for error or unaddressed messages, etc. someone needs to get the messages so either you change the message recipient or just let it receive the messages and delete them every once in a while.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Is there a way to delete messages without having to dial in to the mailbox and select delete for each message?

Thanks,

Jeff

yes, log in thru the OWA and delete them

HTH

java

HTH

java

Please excuse my ignorance. What is OWA?

Thx.

Outlook Web Access

http:///exchange

and log in with the eadmin account and pwd

HTH

java

HTH

java

Unfortunately we do not have ours integrated with Outlook or other exchange app. Is there a way to do this within the Admin page in Unity?

Thx.

not thru SAweb but thru PCA, but you do not need to have outlook integrated for this, did you tried it???

HTH

java

HTH

java

I hate to admit it, but, we are not using Personal Communication Assistant either. We are using it as a standard Voice Mail box for messaging. Is there a way to block callers from getting to this mailbox or just sending them to "hangup" since they are probably getting their by pressing wrong keys?

Thx.

I would add a new recipient or two to the unaddressed dl and take eadim out. that way it will not get them.

Randy

If I delete it and do not ad anything, will that cause any problems or do you know what the callers will receive? They have to be getting to it by accident. Thx.

you need to have one person (preferrably your Unity administrator) be the person that gets these unadressed voicemails. If you had no one a member then they would go no where and that would not be reccomended.

Randy

please rate if the helps.

If we do not have anyone assigned, wouldn't it not allow them to leave a message? If that's the case, that's what we want it to do, because they are getting to this erroneously and shouldn't. They should have to call back. Let me know if that will work.

Thanks!

9stucker
Level 1
Level 1

Another option - change the EAdmin after greeting located \Greetings with "send caller to hang up" rather then "take message" after greetings.

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There is another possibility not yet addressed. The default owner of all call handlers is E Admin. If you don't configure the applicable call transfer options (example if the call handler is configured with hours M - F 8-5) ensure that atleast the standard and closed greeting are not configured to transfer incoming calls the the Message recipient's extension.

The next option to check would be greetings. For all active greetings, ensure that the After Greeting option is NOT set to take message.

To avoid these caveats, we normally set ownership of a call handler to a designated subscriber. That way, if any call is sent to voicemail, it is sent to the voicemail of the own of the call handler.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: