DFM probs

Unanswered Question
Aug 7th, 2008

I have lms 3.0.1 with dfm 3.0.3. This is a brand new install of lms3. I then applied the 2007 patch and then did software updates on the individual applications. I then ran a discovery. RME & CM seem to be working fine. DFM is having issues. The main DFM page says to look at the AAD.log I have attached it. It also says to look at the devicemanagement.log file. They both appear to be filled with java exceptions. Anyone know how to fix these exceptions?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Loading.
Joe Clarke Thu, 08/07/2008 - 13:36

You have some daemons failing. Please post the output of pdshow.

Joe Clarke Thu, 08/07/2008 - 17:05

All the daemons are running, but not fully initialized. Make sure the server's fully-qualified hostname is resolvable. Check the value of Full Computer Name under My Computer > Properties > Computer Name > Change. Make sure that hostname is resolvable using NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl. Also, check to see if NMSROOT\log\pidm.log exists. If so, try deleting it, then restart Daemon Manager.

jlhainy Fri, 08/08/2008 - 18:19

I added the dns suffex to my ciscoworks computer name and I had to stop the deamon manager and delete the pidm.log file. Well the manager then hung in the stopping state. So I rebooted the ciscoworks box and now DFM seems to be working! THanks!

Actions

This Discussion