cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM probs

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I have lms 3.0.1 with dfm 3.0.3. This is a brand new install of lms3. I then applied the 2007 patch and then did software updates on the individual applications. I then ran a discovery. RME & CM seem to be working fine. DFM is having issues. The main DFM page says to look at the AAD.log I have attached it. It also says to look at the devicemanagement.log file. They both appear to be filled with java exceptions. Anyone know how to fix these exceptions?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have some daemons failing. Please post the output of pdshow.

Here is the pdshow as requested.

All the daemons are running, but not fully initialized. Make sure the server's fully-qualified hostname is resolvable. Check the value of Full Computer Name under My Computer > Properties > Computer Name > Change. Make sure that hostname is resolvable using NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl. Also, check to see if NMSROOT\log\pidm.log exists. If so, try deleting it, then restart Daemon Manager.

I added the dns suffex to my ciscoworks computer name and I had to stop the deamon manager and delete the pidm.log file. Well the manager then hung in the stopping state. So I rebooted the ciscoworks box and now DFM seems to be working! THanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: