Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from 4 COS to 6 COS

abhishek2525
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am working for an ISP and the Sales is demanding to move to 6 COS model in the core due to heavy market demand.

Now as being part of the engineering team i want to know what are the PROs and CONs of the 6 COS model in the CORE?

1 Reply 1

romccallum
Level 4
Level 4

tbh i dont really see any major cons moving to a 6 cos model. Lets face it prec 5 down to 0 is a 6 cos model and has been on going now for quite some time. PROS - been done before many many times and tbh im quite surprised the original designers didnt setup a 6 cos model but only gave to marketing what was required at the time (thats what i did 3 years ago:D). The only real CON i have ever noted is the poor network monitoring team who intstead of having a gold, silver, bronze model to monitor (on something like concord). They now have an additional 3 queues to get concord to produce reports on. Assuming they do produce reports on the queue usage of course :D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: