IPCC express 5.0(2) replication sanity

Unanswered Question
Aug 7th, 2008

Hi all, I'm not 100% that my install has gone 100%. It works fine on the 1st server I built but it all fails when I power it down. Upon checking the SQL replication on both servers there are no subscriptions and both servers look as thought they are publishers. However, under system/data store I see that the 1st node only and that it has a blue P against it and replication status is unknown. Under control centre I have a blue M against the 1st node and a Blue S against the 2nd node. Is this correct (I don't think it is) (I have installed SQL post install of CRS on both nodes)

Thanks

Paul

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Fri, 08/08/2008 - 13:54

Well the M and S is correct, that means master and standby. how are you testing this? Did you create any ports on the primory yet? If not do it and it should create twice as many, and you should see them registered to both diff servers. If you don't its hosed...

Cheers,

Chad

pbaustin Sat, 08/09/2008 - 21:28

Hi Chad, I have crested the CTI ports, apps and scripts OK and it works fine but when the publisher is shutdown there is nothing in the apps etc on the 2nd server whereas there was previously. As mentioned, I suspect QSL is the problem therefor decided to re-build both servers.

Paul

Actions

This Discussion