I have a 877W router connected to a ISP that offers ADSL2+ connectivity with 20Mb downstream and 1024 upstream. The "sh dsl" command show a 19200 DS and 970 US sync data.
The only basic things that I get configured on the router are:
- 2 or 3 static PAT and a global dynamic PAT.
- 3 FastEthernet and a Wlan interface on 1 BV1 group and VLAN 1
- 1 FastEthernet interface on a VLAN 2
- Full tunnel SSL VPN
- WLAN interface with a single guest mode BSSID and WPA2.
- 1 PPPoE interface dialer with a easy IP configured (dynamic IP).
NO firewall and IPS activated.
When I made a ADSL2/2+ line speed performance test, the speed meter show a peak of 15.600 Mb (avg of 15.000) and the SDM CPU usage monitor at 99%. With a basic router (Comtrend or 3Com) the speed meter show a peak of 17.500 Mb and a avg speed of 17.300 Mb.
When i enable de IPS feature, the speed bandwidth slow down to 7.000Mb/s !!!
Are these performance parameters normal? I think that the 99%-80% of CPU usage without any special feature enabled is very high for this router.
My ios version is a 14.15T6.