Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt problem

markotisler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have the following problem in our CRS script. The first two steps in script are Accept and Play prompt. The problem is that a part of the prompt (or sometimes the whole prompt) is sometimes missing (this happens 50% of the time, but not always). We tried putting 3 seconds delay at the start of the script and also befor the Play prompt step, but it isnt helping.

Are there any other solutions for this problem?

Regards,

Marko

17 Replies 17

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it happening to external calls or internal or both? If the delay step does not fix it and it is occasional it is probably due to network issues.

Chris

so I have this same problem right now when a call goes into Queue. The prmpt always plays externally. Never internally on primary. Reports have said it works from internal on the HA though. it didnt work at all until I added a 2 second delay. Also, sometimes when it transferes to the agent they hear MoH for a few secs..

Chad

I also thought it was a network problem at first, but it seemed odd that it always occured at the beginning of the first prompt, and then worked ok with MoH and other prompts.

I swapped the first prompt with another new prompt and have had no problems so far. Could something with the prompt file itself be causing this problem?

Regards

Marko

Well, it seems like it didnt help after all - the problem's back with this prompt also. The same happens if there's no prompt at all, just a 10 second delay (caller should be hearing ring-back here) and the whole ring-back is sometimes replaced with silence. No idea what's going on (there was practically no activity on network while i was testing this).

Also, it doesn't matter whether if it is an outside call or a local call.

Regards,

Marko

Check the prompt itself and if it is coded correctly ie. is using Bit Rate 64kbps, Audio sample size 8 bit, Audio sample rate 8kHz and Audio format CCITT u-Law

Yes, the prompt is OK. The same thing happens if i use Cisco default prompts that come with the IPCC itself.

Calling search space on the cti ports?

Calling search space on the trigger?

If it would be a CSS problem it would either work or not work, i think. But here, it sometimes works, at other times it half-works. :)

If you have only one ivr it should always work or fail if you only using one trigger.

If you uses 2 ivr's you could have a css issue if you dont have the same settings on the ivr ports. I dont know what you are running so i cannot make comments to that

I understand, however, all the ports as well as the triggers are in the same CSS.

Yeah I have this issue right now aswell. Are you on UCCX 5.02_Build 64?

Chad

UCCX 5.0(1)_Build433 is the version. Could be the same bug though.

Marko

definatly...

Well,

Turns out our problem was firewall's. Blocking UDP RTP streams between UCCX servers and the users.

Cheers,

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: